Barnet Council beware of ...........Cumbria Council end of Capita Contract
Cumbria Council end of Capita Contract
A big strategic partnership with Capita which was charged with delivering highways, property, finance and pension administration services.
The council sent out the following message: Corporate Message 19 October 2009 – Planning for the end of Capita’s contract with the county council.
The Council’s Cabinet met last week to consider how services are to be delivered when the existing contract with Capita comes to an end on 31 January 2011.
1. Following a several month period of options appraisal into the way council services could be delivered in the future, Cabinet recommended the following:
2. To generally strengthen the council’s client-side capacity across the five service areas currently provided by Capita, by 31 January 2011.
3. To develop options for a public/public service or re-tender for both Occupational Health Services and Pensions Administration, beginning 1 February 2011.
4. To develop plans for a mixture of in-house capacity and use of Framework Contracts for Property Services, beginning 1 February 2011.
5. To plan and develop an integrated Highways, Economic Development and Streetscene Service (potentially with the District Councils), beginning 1 April 2012. From 1 February 2011, this will mean the transfer of some Capita staff to the county council, and initially for a short-term (from 1 February 2011 until 31 March 2012), transfer of some Capita staff to Amey.
6. To explore wider shared services opportunities across the five service areas by 31 January 2011.
7. To effectively manage the transition process between now and 31 January 2011.