In house transformation Briefing 5
Key Briefing on In House transformation
The Council should ensure that the Future Shape of the Council programme adopts the key components of this initial transformation strategy:
1. Innovation and new ways of working: using joint Council/trade union workshops to explore the scope for service innovation and integration, shared services and public-public partnerships and staff and user involvement and empowerment.
2. Performance comparisons and benchmarking should compare like with like using verifiable and audited performance information.
3. Development of options must be based on improved and innovative in-house provision reflecting the full potential of the service, not on the current service.
4. Options appraisal criteria should be amended and based on twelve criteria described below.
5. In-house bids should be submitted if procurement selected.
6. An accessible evidence base is prepared to support the development and appraisal of options.
To read the Full Briefing click here