Meanwhile back in the real world #2 : “Taxing the sick update 2”
Barnet Council are in a serious financial crisis and are in talks with Capita as to how many services will have to be come back in-house. Staff are already worried with having to cope with more work and less resources without the added stress that the Council may start making mass redundancies in a bid to make more cuts.
It is therefore deeply troubling that the Council have announced that they want to consult on a proposal to deduct pay from staff off sick from work.
From the brief consultation we have had so far it is already very clear that the sickness levels are high with staff with serious illnesses such as cancer, strokes etc. hence we are calling the proposal “Taxing the sick”.
In September 2018 we are going to be consulting with our members on this proposal.
There will be opportunities to discuss the proposal with local reps at a number of Barnet UNISON meetings in September.
- Wednesday 5 September, 12 noon, Committee room 2
- Wednesday 12 September, 12.30 pm, Committee room 1
- Friday 21 September, 12.30 pm, Committee room 1
- Thursday 27 September, 12.30 pm, Committee room 2
- Thursday 6 September, 12.30 pm, Building 4, Central room
- Friday 14 September, 1 pm, Building 4, Central room
- Thursday 20 September, 12.30 pm, Building 2, G2 room
- Tuesday 25 September, 1 pm, Building 4, Central room
However, if you need some advice or a meeting with a Barnet UNISON rep please contact the office on 0208 359 2088 or email email@example.com