Start spreading the NEWS “we’re balloting soon” actually start 22 January!
Attention all Barnet UNISON School members:
UNISON on-line ballot will open on Tuesday 22nd January and close on Tuesday 5th March – a 6 week ballot period.
The three questions on the on-line ballot are as follows:
- Do you believe that government funding cuts are having a negative effect on jobs, workloads, stress, pay and terms and conditions in your schools?
- Do you believe that UNISON should continue to campaign on school funding for jobs, pay and terms and conditions?
- Would you be prepared to take industrial action to secure more money for jobs, pay and terms and conditions in schools?
It is really important that as many Barnet UNISON School staff take part in the ballot. Unless there is a radical change in funding for schools then more and more cuts will be delivered. These cuts are hurting our members and the children.
It is really important that School Staff send a message to UNISON that if necessary they will take strike action to stop the School Budget cuts.
3 things for Barnet UNISON school staff members can do:
- Please make sure you have passed on your correct email address to the Barnet UNISON branch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Speak to your fellow workers and check they are in a trade union. If they are not in a union they won’t be able to vote and that will mean one less message going to the Government. If they are not in a union ask them to join Barnet UNISON. They can sign up on line by googling “Join UNISON” https://join.unison.org.uk/
- Contact Barnet UNISON in order to request flyers/information about the ballot to circulate amongst your colleagues by phone on 0208 359 2088 or email email@example.com
UNISON Campaign web page https://bit.ly/2VDAv9I