BREAKINGNEWS: Grounds Maintenance for Barnet War Memorials and Closed Churchyards ends 1 April 2019
No, this is not an April Fools joke it is for real.
Barnet UNISON have been informed that our members who work for Grounds Maintenance have been told as from Monday 1 April that they will no longer providing the following services for Barnet War Memorials and Closed Churchyards
- Weed spraying
- Shrub Prune
- Remembrance Sunday works
- Grass Cutting
- Hedge Cutting
- Planting Weeding and maintaining annual bedding
To the best of our knowledge this decision has not been subject to any public consultation the sites affected are as follows.
- Bells Hill Burial Ground
- Christ Church yard , St Albans road
- East Barnet Village War Memorial
- Golders Green War Memorial
- Holy Trinity Church yard
- Ridgeway War Memorial
- St James’ Church yard
- St Marchs Church
- ST Mary’s Church Green
- St Marys Church Yard /Church End.
- John the Baptist C.O.E
- Station Road War Memorial
At the time of this post Barnet UNISON has asked the following:
- Which Council department proposed the termination of the services?
- When did the public consultation take place for this proposal?
- Where was this saving identified in the recently agreed Councils Medium Term Financial Strategy 5 March 2019?
- Are there any Health and Safety risks as a result of the termination of this service?