UNISON in relation to Coronavirus, all workplaces including schools.
I thought I would share the latest update from UNISON in relation to Coronavirus, all workplaces including schools.
“What is UNISON nationally is doing now?
We are seeking to work with national government, local government and education employers to draw up additional guidance. We have raised a range of issues with them including:
- Which workers we believe should be defined as essential staff and have access to education facilities;
- Closures and full pay – the need for reassurance around full pay for all staff including contractors (catering, cleaning etc), agency staff and sessional workers;
- Health and safety – need for risk assessments, protective equipment, schools fully stocked with all necessary cleaning products and testing;
- Postponement of redundancies/restructures/TUPE transfers/ disciplinary hearings etc during this period;
- Joint working with unions and employers locally and nationally to help schools and pupils and staff through crisis with employers and unions recognising the need for flexibility. Asking for volunteers first when employers are seeking to re-deploy staff;”
More details here.
I have submitted the above to Barnet Council and requested that I need a response which I can share to all of our members.
If you have any questions please email