Do you work for the Council?
Barnet Future Shape Transact Group will be looking at all Council services. Each service will be looked to ascertain whether it is a *Core or Non Core Service. It doesn’t matter if you are a Statutory Service, all services will be examined.
- Why do we provide the service?
- Can someone else provide the service?
- Is there a market for providing the service?
- Is there opportunity for a ‘Quick win?’
- Is there a need for further investigation?
Each service will have to go through the 9 Future Shape Tests
· Cost significantly less.
· Take a different view of need, based on engaging with our population as citizens rather than customers of specific services.
· Are strategic and integrated, ensuring that resources are targetted to achieve priority outcomes.
· Facilitate greater self-help and service co-creation amongst members of our community.
· Are based on a clear contract between the citizens and services.
· Inspire behavioural change amongst our residents and businesses
· Can be accessed on the basis of citizen life challenges.
· Help citizens to achieve better outcomes in their lives
· Are democratically accountable
This Group is tasked with looking across the whole council which is clearly a mammoth task.
The Group began the work on 24th March. It is due to finish 20th April
You can view the Agenda and minutes of all the Group meetings here
You will need your Login details.
We know that lots of our members do not have Login details or have forgotten them. We will try and update our website with the details so members can view the information without the need of a Login. We have asked for hard copies of this information to be provided to staff.
Members please note that this Group will be making recommendations to the Future Shape Cabinet Committee on 8 June 2009.
* We are waiting for a definition of what Core means.