Breaking News: National Pay Award has been agreed.
On Tuesday 1 November 2022 the National Pay Award for 2022 has been formally signed off by UNISON and GMB.
- An increase of £2,229 on all grades
- A permanent increase in Annual Leave from 1 April 2023.
Barnet UNISON has been in talks with Barnet Council to find out when the new pay will be in our members pockets.
We can report that Barnet Council are working to try and ensure that the new pay arrangements will be in place for the November payroll.
We are expecting confirmation next week from Barnet Council to confirm the new pay will be in the November pay slips.
There are three things for members to check when they are paid at the end of this month.
- Check your basic pay. If the new pay has been implemented, then your basic pay should be higher than last month.
- The new pay award applies from 1 April 2022. On your pay slip you should have a backdated payment from 1 April 2022.
- If you have been working overtime from 1 April 2022, you are owed money. We have asked that the Council provide the backdating difference of all overtime you have worked since 1 April 2022.
*** School Support staff.
Please note that your school may not use Barnet Council payroll. Please contact your school to find out when they will be paying you the new rates and back dating.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Barnet UNISON office at email@example.com or leave a voicemail message on 0208 359 2088.
More details of the new rates of pay will be posted on our web site later this week.
Council workers accept deal that will give lowest-paid 10.5%