Update on Apthorp consultation: Save Apthorp
If you do not consult employees in a redundancy situation, any redundancies you make will almost certainly be unfair and you could be taken to an employment tribunal. Source Making staff redundant: Redundancy consultations – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Up to now the Barnet Group have not provided answers to questions posed – tomorrow we will be 14 days into a ‘Consultation’ period of 45 days where 93 Care workers have been placed ‘At Risk’ of Redundancy at Apthorp Lodge – Covid heroes every one of them!
So far, the information requested by UNISON from the Barnet Group and NOT provided is:
- A Consultation Document
- A list of Vacancies in YCB and Barnet Homes
- A list of Agency staff usage in YCB
- Whether colleagues in The Barnet Group will be offered Voluntary Redundancy in the hope of freeing up posts for those wishing to redeploy.
- A ‘script’ for the 121’s
- Staff ‘At Risk’ have not been provide with the Fremantle managing change policy.
- Who is funding the redundancy process?
- An answer as to who decided to break with ‘custom and practice’ in the Barnet Group of informing recognised Trade Unions of impending restructures and giving accompanying Consultation documents before the start of consultation.
- ‘Hard copies’ of all documentation in relation to this consultation will need to be provided and distributed to staff – No answer
- Staff have requested that 121’s take place face to face for all parties concerned in the consultation – No answer
The 121’s with staff are scheduled to begin on Monday the 6th of September at 9.15am.
If you are in need of support, advice and representation please contact the branch at email@example.com or ring 0208 359 2088