Emergency Cost of Living Crisis meeting
The Cost Of Living Crisis is real and it we need a plan to defend and support our members.
- UK Big Six energy firms made more than £1bn in profit
- £40bn profits for BP and Shell
- Petrol and diesel prices are the highest ever and it’s likely to get higher
- The worst financial squeeze in 60 years, according to the Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Food prices rising
- Food banks usage increasing
- Rent rises, council tax increases, mortgages rising, water bills increasing.
All of this and yet
- MPs are getting a £2,200 pay rise when most of our members are only getting 1.75%
- The Government gave £37 billion for the Covid Test and Trace.
- The Government were handing out million-pound contracts to their mates during the pandemic
- Finally, the Government worked from home whilst many of our frontline members had to go into work without a vaccine in order to keep public services running.
- And let’s not forget the wine and cheese parties.
Barnet UNISON is calling a meeting of all of our members to listen to our members and discuss and agree a plan of action.
We want to hear real live experiences from our members.
- What is worrying you?
- What do you think your employer should be doing to help you?
The meeting is on Wednesday 30 March from 6- 7pm
Please see details for joining the meeting below.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 854 1577 1085