Cost of Living Crisis meeting 26 April 2022
Emergency Cost of Living facts
Don’t let anyone tell you there is no money
- UK Big Six energy firms made more than £1bn in profit
- £40bn profits for BP and Shell
- Petrol and diesel prices are the highest ever and it’s likely to get higher
- The worst financial squeeze in 60 years, according to the Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Food prices rising
- Food banks usage increasing
- Rent rises, council tax increases, mortgages rising, water bills increasing.
All of this and yet
- MPs are getting a £2,200 pay rise when most of our members are only getting 1.75%
- The Government gave £37 billion for the Covid Test and Trace.
- The Government were handing out million-pound contracts to their mates during the pandemic
- Finally, the Government worked from home whilst many of our frontline members had to go into work without a vaccine in order to keep public services running.
- And let’s not forget the wine and cheese parties they were having when all of our members were risking their lives keeping public services running on poverty wages.
National Pay Bargaining
Negotiations have started for the National Pay campaign. More news on the campaign will be shared with members.
BUT Barnet UNISON believes we can’t wait, we need to act now.
But we need a Barnet UNISON Cost of Living Crisis Pay claim now.
Barnet UNISON will shortly be starting negotiations with the employer on some changes to Unified Reward Terms and Conditions. It is important that members attend our UNISON meetings on the negotiations.
The next Barnet UNISON Cost of Living Crisis meeting is taking place on Tuesday 26 April 6- 7 pm.
Please see details below for joining the meeting.
Meeting ID: 857 4603 5877
Passcode: 801 103