More BREAKING NEWS! Barnet UNISON Repairs Dispute
The Barnet Group has just announced in writing that they will not be using agency staff to cover work being done by the strikers. This contradicts what colleagues reported they were being told by their managers throughout the week and what we understood from the ACAS talks today.
The news is welcome and at least indicates The Barnet Group does not want to be seen to make the situation worse.
“We are pleased The Barnet Group has clarified this issue on agency staff. It would have been a travesty for The Barnet Group to be using agency staff to break a strike and would not have helped improve industrial relations.”
A fuller video statement will be released soon.
The Barnet Repairs strike begins Monday 17th October and is all out.
Daily picket lines 7.30-8.30am, Grahame Park Housing Office 17-19 The Concourse NW9 5XA
9-10am Leafleting outside Barnet Council Head Office 2, Bristol Avenue, NW9 4EW. Nearest tube is Colindale tube station.
Rush messages of support to:
Note to Editors: Contact details: Barnet UNISON on or 020 8359 2088 or email: Helen.Davies@barnetunison.org.uk
1. Breaking News: ACAS Talks Fail To Make The Barnet Group See Sense in Repairs Dispute
2. Breaking News: ACAS Talks Fail To Make The Barnet Group See Sense in Repairs Dispute
3. Breaking News: Barnet UNISON obtain ground-breaking support from UNISONs National Industrial Action Committee (IAC).
4. Barnet Council Housing Repairs workers 100 % vote for all out strike action
5. Breaking News: Official Strike ballot begins for Barnet Council Housing Repairs workers
6. Barnet Responsive Repairs workers referred to UNISON’s Industrial Action Committee
7. Barnet Council Repairs Operatives 100% turnout and 100% vote for strike action.
8. Barnet Council’s Company Refuse to Show Compassion for Injured Worker https://www.barnetunison.me.uk/wp/2022/07/13/barnet-councils-company-refuse-to-show-compassion-for-injured-worker/